What is the Worship Collective?
The Worship Collective is a monthly gathering for anyone that helps facilitate corporate worship at the five campuses of The Austin Stone. We have a vibrant and collaborative team of worship leaders, musicians, production teams, visual artists, songwriters and storytellers that are leading our church every single week in adult worship, kids worship, and students worship. And most of them are volunteer! The Worship Collective is the time where we get to serve and pour into our team, and it’s literally one of my favorite nights of the month!
How do we do it?
We eat amazing food from a local Austin food truck, then worship through singing, praying, and receiving communion together. Either myself or one of the other pastors or leaders will typically facilitate prayer or teaching, and each month always has a unique purpose and feel.
Why do we do it?
We do it because we must! And because we love our team! In the Fall of 2014, we realized we were neglecting one of the most important things in our team of over 200 worship & arts volunteers: being together. We were convicted and inspired to serve our team well, nurture the culture of creativity, and gather together for worship and prayer. And now, it’s one of my favorite things we do here at Austin Stone Worship.
The next Worship Collective is March 26th from 6pm-9pm at the For The City Center.
Free food trailer provided for our team! (And, even if you’re just considering being a part of the worship ministry at The Austin Stone in any form or fashion — c’mon and hang out! I’d love to have you!)
- God the Better Artist - October 1, 2018
- Yatsar – God The Potter - September 27, 2018
- Let’s Fill This Town With Servants - September 29, 2017
- UPDATE: Immediate Harvey Help TODAY 8/31 - August 31, 2017
- Immediate Harvey Help TODAY - August 29, 2017
- Everyone Must Strive for Unity - May 8, 2017
- Positivity is Required in a Healthy Band - May 1, 2017
- Money Isn’t Always The Best Compensation - April 23, 2017
- How to Set a Vision for Your Band - April 21, 2017
- Setting Culture Starts With Vision - April 17, 2017