- The Austin Stone Community Church began in a small apartment in Austin, TX in 2004 with only 15 people and one bold prayer: That God would do “far more abundantly than all that we could ask or imagine…” (Eph. 3:20)
- Founding pastor Matt Carter made clear from the beginning that The Austin Stone would be a church devoted to the Word of God and passionate in worship of Jesus!
- Early on this vision was realized by worship leaders Chris Tomlin and Andy Melvin who laid a foundation for expressive, Christ-centered worship gatherings.
- In 2009, Aaron Ivey joined the Austin Stone as head worship pastor to continue shepherding the church’s worship culture towards rich theological precision and vibrant artistic expression.
- As a result, Austin Stone Worship (ASW) formed in 2011 and released its first live album comprised of songs written by the ASW team, ancient hymns, and modern worship songs that connected with the heart of our church.
- As The Austin Stone grew and teams began serving at locations across the city, there was a renewed need to foster community and proximity among the growing number of men and women serving in worship ministry.
- In 2014, Worship Collective was launched as a monthly gathering to encourage, equip, cast vision, and build community among those serving the church in music, production, storytelling, writing, and visual arts.
- In 2019, our Story Team, Design Team, and Music Team of the Austin Stone all joined forces to become the new Austin Stone Worship: a family of worship leaders, musicians, songwriters, storytellers, designers, and artists serving and equipping the Church with content rich in theology and expression.
- Through corporate worship albums, instrumental music volumes, gospel-centered storytelling, intentional visual design, creative writing, and development opportunities for worship leaders, we seek to exalt the name of Jesus in Austin, TX and to the ends of the earth! To Him be the glory, now and forever!