Jesus is King over everything … literally everything. He is King over all the things you can see, smell, touch, taste and feel. He is King over everyone—even over you and over me.
You and I don’t live in a time and place that knows much of kings or kingdoms. For most of us, growing up as Americans, the whole notion of a king seems distant and more playful than reality. Sure, we have ideas and there are images that run through our heads when we think of royalty, but those things are far from any tangible, personal experiences.
Jesus is more than our dreams can hold and more than Disney can illustrate … He is the King of all kings.Chad Kincer
Think about it … for us kings and queens seem to only have a place in things like a school homecoming celebration, a high school prom, or in the make-believe world of your favorite Disney movie. The truth is, for the most part, kings and kingdoms are a fun thing to think about or pretend … but that’s typically where it stops.
However, when it comes to King Jesus and His kingdom, He is an actual King and His kingdom is far from pretend or something of our imagination. In fact, it is more real than we even know.Jesus is a real king; the Bible calls him the King of all kings (Revelation 19:16). He is the true and only King, and He is alive—ruling and reigning right now with all power and authority. Dutch theologian Abraham Kuyper describes the kingship of Jesus this way: “There is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry, Mine!” Make no mistake, Jesus is a king whose reign is actual and forevermore.
But what kind of king is he? Oh, the answer is endless and the explanation could never be held in a short piece like this. He is a king beyond our wildest imagination and fondest hopes. His Word tells us of His kingly character.
- All creation and everything we’ve come to see and experience in our world begins with Him. He is the Creator and He is a Creative King.
- He is a Perfect King. His angels can’t cease to sing at His inexhaustible excellencies (Psalm 18:30; 1 John 1:5; Isaiah 6:1-3; Revelation 4:8).
- He is a Kind King. The depth of His gentleness is irresistible and altogether staggering (Psalm 145:17; Acts 2:4).
- Those under His reign are never left wanting or begging in their needs. He is an Attentive and Generous King giving ever freely to those who would call on Him from the storehouse of His riches (1 Corinthians 4:7, James 1:5, Psalm 145:18; Philippians 4:19).
- His knowledge and wisdom go on forever. He never fails and He’s never caught off guard by the details of our lives. He is an altogether Wise King (Job 12:13; Isaiah 55:9 & 46:9-11; Romans 11:33).
- There is nothing to hard for Him and never a moment when He has to strain to prevail against any who would oppose Him. He is a Powerful King (Jeremiah 32:17; Hebrews 1:3; Psalms 33:9 & 145:5).
- Consistently, those who know Him are left speechless amid His wisdom and power … when they come to also see that He’s equally and overwhelmingly loving. He is a Loving King (1 John 3:1-3; Psalm 136:1-3; Exodus 34:6; John 3:16, Ephesians 3:18-19).
- None will defeat Him. He is a Victorious King. He fights our battles and not a single one of His enemies will be left standing (Exodus 14:13-14; Job 42:2; Matthew 16:18; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 & 15:21-25; Revelation 21:4).
- Finally, though we haven’t even begun to scratch the surface, may it be enough to say here that He is all these things and more—and He is all these things forevermore. His kingdom will never be shaken … He is a FOREVER KING!!! This is our King (Psalm 145:10-13; Daniel 4:34; 1 Timothy 1:17; Hebrews 12:28)!
He is King of everything … over all the creation (from the busy bumble bee to the roaring lion, from the smallest flower to the highest mountain), over all our possessions (from your favorite toy to the house you live in). He is King of everything … over you and over me.Jesus is more than our dreams can hold and more than Disney can illustrate … He is the King of all kings.
May we hear afresh, this day and every day, the opening line of the first sermon ever preached from our King Jesus, “the time is fulfilled, the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe the gospel” (Mark 1:15).
“Long live the King! Long live, King Jesus!”
To view more FREE resources for the song “King Of Everything” that you can use at home or in your kids worship ministry, check out OnlyJes.us!
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – March 1, 2020 - March 1, 2020
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – February 23, 2020 - February 23, 2020
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – February 16, 2020 - February 16, 2020
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – February 2, 2020 - February 2, 2020
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – January 26, 2020 - January 26, 2020
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – January 19, 2020 - January 19, 2020
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – January 12, 2020 - January 12, 2020
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – January 5, 2020 - January 5, 2020
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – December 15, 2019 - December 15, 2019
- Austin Stone Worship Setlist – December 8, 2019 - December 8, 2019